Re: Semantic web discussions

There seem to be subcommunities both that want, and do not want,
announcements.

A modified version of my previous proposal would be a policy that all
announcements must start with ANN: (or some other defined tag).
This would allow the people who don't want the announcements to easily
filter them to /dev/null.
I believe we would still need a robot to enforce that rule, using the
heuristics from earlier (except that messages starting ANN: would be
allowed through).

e.g.
[[
(Auto-)Moderator message:

Judging from your subject line:
    **Subject Line**
you have attempted to post an announcement to semantic-web@w3.org.
Such postings are permitted but must start with the sequence "ANN:" in
the subject line.
Please modify your subject line, either to include such a tag, or to not
include any of the following keywords that trigger this automatic
response: **aaa, bbb, ccc** .
]]

Jeremy

--