Question on DL negation

From: Matt Williams <matthew.williams@cancer.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:45:22 +0000
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Description Logic <dl@dl.kr.org>

Dear All,

As I understand, most DL's do not allow for the negation of roles.

However, given a formula of the form R(x,y) (where R is some role),
since this is equivalent to (R(x,y) & \top(y)) which could be negated as
( R(x,y) & \top(y)), is it possible to effectively relax this
constraint in some cases without affecting the logic?

I'm interested in rules that have a single role as the head, and
negation of such heads would be useful...

Thanks,

Matt
--
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw