RE: Are current RDF tools ready for this use case?

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:27:48 +0100
To: "Mark Kennedy" <MKennedy@fool.com>, <semantic-web@w3.org>

-------- Original Message --------
> From: Mark Kennedy <>
> Date: 27 June 2007 14:54
>
> Hello, all:
>
> I'm hoping to get some feedback for the appropriateness of using RDF
as
> a solution to a challenge that I'm facing.
>
> In my mind, the ideal system would support:
>  * The ability to store large numbers of triples, scalable to hundreds
> of millions.
>  * Would be clusterable for redundancy.
>  * Could be accessed via HTTP for easy integration into a variety of
> platforms.
>  * Would be highly performant in regards to querying.

Mark,

One open source RDF store that might meet your requirements is SDB [1],
a new database subsystem for Jena.  It uses a conventional relational
database, rewriting SPARQL to SQL. The relational database tools for
load balancing, security, clustering, backup and administration can all
be used to manage the installation.  Currently it works with Oracle, MS
SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache Derby and HSQLDB databases.

	Andy

[1] http://jena.sf.net/SDB

  Hewlett-Packard Limited
  Registered No: 690597 England