Re: What if an URI also is a URL

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:46:56 -0600, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> wrote:

> etc in the RDF/XML version (which you can access specifically as
> <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card.rdf>)
> The RDF/XML spec describes how to parse an RDF/XML document.  It does
> not involve looking for attribute name "i"

Thanks for this, Tim!  Henry (Story) helped get me on the right track, and
I updated the test code @
http://personplacething.info/service/proxy/?debug=true&return-xml-from-uri=http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card&return-doc-id=i
which will now return what you would expect it to return.  Adapting the
value of 'return-doc-id' to
http://personplacething.info/service/proxy/?debug=true&return-xml-from-uri=http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card&return-doc-id=amy
will, of course, return the information pertinent to your assistant, and
so forth.

Still working through this with various coding samples so I can get my
head around things, but hopefully within the next week I will be able to
finish building something useful with all of this.  To better understand
the usage of the 303 redirect, I through together[1,2] which when accessed
with
http://personplacething.info/service/redirect/?redirect=http://s3.amazonaws.com/m.david/test-index.xml&status-code=303
will do what one would expect it to do.

Of course the next step would be for the above to take place transparently
based on the request URI, and in this regard, could someone please provide
a link, or a brief explanation that provides a deeper understanding of the
process involved with the 303 redirect solution?  In other words,

Here is my request: http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i
With the 303 redirect solution, this request should return
<fill_in_the_blank>

Here is my request: http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#amy
With the 303 redirect solution, this request should return
<fill_in_the_blank>

If I understand things correctly,

Request: http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i should return the
content conained in the 'filtered-doc' parent element of
http://personplacething.info/service/proxy/?debug=true&return-xml-from-uri=http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card&return-doc-id=i

and

Request: http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#amy should return the
content conained in the 'filtered-doc' parent element of
http://personplacething.info/service/proxy/?debug=true&return-xml-from-uri=http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card&return-doc-id=amy

Is my understanding in this regard correct?

[1]
http://personplacething-info.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/public_web/transform/semweb.xslt
[2]
http://personplacething-info.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/public_web/service/redirect/service.op