Re: SPARQL query JSON/XML source formats

Richard Newman wrote:
>> I've always wondered why SPARQL or other RDF queries were not
>> represented in RDF.....
>
> ... because RDF isn't particularly human-writable, syntax helps a lot of
> people when they're writing, and SPARQL wouldn't benefit a great deal
> from extensibility*.

Okay, and I agree that having an easy-to-write syntax (and even an
SQL-ish syntax) is important, but given that N3 has variables and
formulas, your example query "SELECT * { ?x a ?y } " could easily have
been written:

   ?x a ?y.

Or at least:

:query a sparql:Query ;
    sparql:hasBGP { ?x a ? y }.

--
- Josh Tauberer

http://razor.occams.info

"Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields