Re: owl:sameAs use/misuse/abuse Re: homonym URIs

On 14/06/2007 16:11, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
> Consider that I work for two different companies (in the morning and in
> the afternoon).
> Both have a URI for me. Company 1 would state
>
> comp1:champin emp:name "Champin" ;
>               emp:salary "1000€" .
>
> Company 2, on the other hand, would state
>
> comp2:champin emp:name "Champin" ;
>               emp:salary "2000€" .
>
> using the same standardized properties, which happen to be functional.
>
> It would seem legitimate to state that
>
> comp1:champin owl:sameAs comp2:champin .
>
> But that would lead to inconsistency (two different values for a
> functional property).
>
> Both URIs denote me, but not the same "me", only the "me" I am from the
> point of view of each company.

You modelled it such that each person may have only a single salary, yet
you found someone with two. Either the data is wrong or your model is
wrong. That's all the inconsistency tells you.

Ian
--
work - http://www.talis.com/platform
play - http://iandavis.com/blog