Re: homonym URIs (Re: What if an URI also is a URL)

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:42:29 +0200
To: Ian Davis <lists@iandavis.com>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org

> Out of interest how do you attach the English word "Venus" to the
> physical body that you are referring to?
You can't tag the heavens - they're too high :-)
A la rigueur you could technically launch some RFID device on Venus
which would broadcast the word on your mobile when you fly by. (although
the environment is quite hostile). Or write "MOON" in giant fluo letters
the Moon so they could be visible from Earth with naked eye.
But for far-away galaxies, you're stuck for ever. Even for the Sun (too
hot to support any stable structure).

Just a question. : can you identify Venus on this evening sky? (it's
quite showy those days).
If yes, try to tell me how you learnt it, and if not, think about how
you could ...

Cheers

Bernard

--