Re: What if an URI also is a URL

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:21:27 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xmlhacker.com>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, "r.j.koppes" <rikkert@rikkertkoppes.com>, Yuzhong Qu <yzqu@seu.edu.cn>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org, swick@w3.org, phayes@ihmc.us

Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> Of course not. But the device may have to drop the last digit before
> sending its request to the back end, or it may have to follow an
> internal indirection before it can retrieve the fact sheet about

That's all inside the black box, so I don't care. If the spec of the
architecture it's part of says it has to drop the last digit or do some
internal indirection then we've got an analogy.

A poor barcode-reading manufacturer like myself may not quite understand
why I have to be doing so.