OpenDocument Metadata Proposal

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:40:46 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org

I'm on the OASIS OpenDocument Metadata Subocmmittee, where we've just
wrapped up work on our proposal for enhanced metadata support in the
file format:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24327/ODF-Metadata-
Proposal.pdf>

A quick summary is that we've adopted RDF as the model for metadata,
which can be:

1. embedded as RDF/XML in the file package to describe either the
document, or embedded content.
2. used in an RDFa-like syntax to tag content as triples (where the
content is the literal object)
3. hooked up to a new generic field (text:meta-field)

We're actually starting the review with the TC today, but if you have
comments, you'll (unfortunately, I think for IP reasons) need to
subscribe to this list and send there:

<office-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org>

Bruce