Re: What if an URI also is a URL

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:25:58 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xmlhacker.com>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, "r.j.koppes" <rikkert@rikkertkoppes.com>, Yuzhong Qu <yzqu@seu.edu.cn>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org, swick@w3.org, phayes@ihmc.us

Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> Imagine a world where everything -- absolutely everything -- has one or
> more unique barcode printed on it. Including passports and people. And
> everyone has a free barcode printer. Tim has simply asserted that the
> barcode on your forehead should be different from the barcode on your
> passport. This does in no way preclude you from using your passport to
> authenticate yourself.

Now imagine I scan the barcode on my forehead with a barcode reader.

Does the device refuse to tell me anything about myself because I'm a
physical real-world resource and it needs to be redirected to scanning
some document about me instead?

Surely it just displays a bunch of facts about me that are pertinent to
my reason for using this system.