Re: What if an URI also is a URL

From: Stelios G. Sfakianakis <ssfak@ics.forth.gr>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:40:18 +0300
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

On 7/6/2007 5:54 μμ, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> The answer is simple: If an HTTP GET on http://www.example.com/mophor
> returns a 200 status code and some HTML, then mophor#me is the section
> of the HTML page marked by the #me anchor.
>
> If the GET returns a 200 status code and some RDF, then mophor#me is
> whatever the RDF states about it. So if there is a triple in the RDF
> saying it is a person, then mophor#me is a person.

What if the GET returns an HTML document with a #me anchor and a GRDDL
transformation that when applied the result RDF graph states that #me is
a person?

Is the answer "Don't do that" as you say in the following paragraph?

> If the GET returns either RDF or HTML, depending on content negotiation,
> then you're in trouble because <mophor#me> is now ambiguous and clients
> are unable to consistently interpret the URI. So, as Sandro said, Don't
> Do That, or use the magic 303 redirect.

thanks,
Stelios
--
Stelios G. Sfakianakis | Biomedical Informatics Laboratory
Voice: +30-2810-391650 | Institute of Computer Science