Re: How to name what you get back? was: Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

John Black wrote:
> If you want to maintain the idea of "identifying" a resource, then I
> would suggest the term "Definite Description",
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definite_description,
> http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/prop-attitude-reports/des.html that
> means something like this: a set of logical statements about a universe
> of discourse such that there is one individual or one set of
> individuals, and only one individual or set of individuals, about which
> all those statements are true.

Except that that concept is not what we want :(

The description one gets back may well identify many people e.g.

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/people#John_Smith">
    <eg:name>John Smith</eg:name>
</rdf:Description>

and there may well be one specific John Smith who is intended, but the
description does not identify which one.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England