Re: update on vCard edits and The Compromise

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> I might be wrong, but I thought Garrett agreed prefixes and suffixes
> aren't ordered? I thought he just wanted to remove the restriction on
> cardinality?

That is correct. I can't think of a scenario in which "Dr." is
subordinate to "Mr." or vice-versa. Or "Jr." and "III", for that matter.
With such limited ranges, most systems will be able to put them in a
nice order, depending on the circumstances.

> Yes, but I'm still unclear how additional names as ordered is helpful,
> unless you follow the problematic nco convention of treating only the
> first given name as the proper given name and any others as ordered
> additional names.

That's what I proposed. Names are intrinsically ordered. I was happy
getting at least some order in the spec, but now it seems that even one
little ordered something is too much for RDF.

Garret