Re: vcard, etc.

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:49:05 -0700
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Ivan Herman wrote:
> It is worth stating things precisely...
>
> *If* the RDF environment being used implements RDFS Entailement[1], in
> other words if it extends the knowledge base with additional triples
> that are described by [2] then yes, Bruce is right, the extra rdf:type
> triple is added to the the knowledge base.

Thanks for clearing that up, Ivan.

If that is the case, even under these special circumstances I'd prefer
not to indicate the domain of the vCard properties---we don't even have
have a good class to serve as the subject. v:VCard is inappropriate, and
FOAF has the interesting people/organization types (although their
number is woefully insufficient).

Garret