Re: [Linking-open-data] Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

Hans Teijgeler wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> What else does a non-information resource contain (other than the
> information that it exists and what it is in essence)?
>
> Regards,
> Hans

Sandro,

Yes, but what is a non-information resource :-) This is the problem.
Something that is technically right (i.e. the opposite of an information
resource) but a poor vehicle of communication when articulating
identifying and dereferencing distributed objects connected by the Web Bus.

Generic Resource or Data Resource provide a cleaner description of
something that isn't ready for Web Bus traversal in it's basic form.

This matter is just about terminology that enables us build a bridge
from the core Semantic Web community, out to the broader Web Communities.

Here are some Links that dig into this issue of non-information resource
terminology:

1. http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html  (uses:
Generic Resource)
2. *http://www.mkbergman.com/?p=391 (uses: Structured Data Resource)

*
I can live with Structured Data Resource (Data Resource for short) or
even Generic Resource. The non-information resource completely turns my
head inside out :-(

--

Regards,

President & CEO