Re: RDF property templating

From: Renato golin <renato@ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:29:00 +0100
To: Jérôme Mainka <mainka@antidot.net>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

Jérôme Mainka wrote:
> Le jeudi 19 juillet 2007 13:05, Renato Golin a écrit :
>> Hum, with this clause I'd expect the whole database to be in the result
>> set... In fact you may well remove the WHERE clause if you want that.
> Actually, only the objects that have :prop1, :prop2 AND :prop3 properties are
> dealt by the CONSTRUCT clause. I tested this on Redland and cwm.

Do you mean that:

CONSTRUCT
{
         ?obj :result ( "A prefix" ?value1 ?value2 ?value3 ) .
} .

Works only when all values are present? It's Wrong...

The method that concatenates the prefix and values should ignore blank
and non-existent values and let the WHERE clause define what comes and
what doesn't.

Have you tried:

CONSTRUCT
{
         ?obj1 :result ?value1 .
	?obj2 :result ?value2 .
	?obj3 :result ?value3 .
} .

I know the result is not what you want, just to see how those engines
are rendering the query.

cheers,
--renato