Re: Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

On 7/22/07, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> I think Roy's work is by far the best and definitive account of the
> things we now call information resources. But it does *not* account
> for any of the new stuff we're doing with URIs these days. Web
> architecture has evolved since Roy wrote his thesis. Unfortunately,
> many REST proponents are still stuck in the pre-httpRange-14 past,
> and are likely to remain there for a few more years.

Ok, I'll bite.  Why can't Roy's definition of resource accommodate the
"new stuff" you're doing with URIs?  I don't see any reason why it
can't.  IME, the definition has proven itself to be incredibly robust,
even when - in fact, *especially* when - using Semantic Web
technologies.

Mark.