Silicon Valley's semantic web SIG opening up event planing to the world

From: AJ Chen <canovaj@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:30:17 -0700
To: semantic-web@w3.org, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
The new Semantic Web SIG in Silicon Valley has had three successful events
this year, and three more events are coming for the rest of the year. The
committed speakers for future events include Elisa Kendall, Deborah
McGuinness, Nova Spivack, Holger Knublock, and Tome Gruber.

We are seeing lots of interests in semantic web and technologies from our
local community here in Silicon Valley, which is our primary focus. However,
we would also like to make this forum a platform for the larger semantic web
community around the world. We open up the event planning process at
http://web2express.org/openlab/sdforum-semantic-web-sig/, where you can see
what's under planning and how you can get involved.

Everyone are welcome to make suggestions of cool event ideas, topics/themes,
or interesting speakers. Showcase of new technology or application is also
welcome.

Thanks,

AJ Chen
Jeff Pollock