Re: category theory

Renato,

I think all the examples that you describe are covered by OWL. If you
use OWL for your ontology, you can specify that a predicate is

- transitive
- symmetric
- functional
- inverse of another predicate
- inverseFunctional

The terms injective and surjective are not used, these are equivalent (I
believe) to inverseFunctional and functonal, respectively (bijective is
simply a predicate that is both).

There are also more complicated ways in OWL to specify a group of
reseources on which a predicate has some specific behaviour (look at the
various constraints), but I believe the list above covers all your
examples below. Note that, with a very high probability, a new version
of OWL (currently named OWL1.1) will also be specified in he coming
year, which will add some more possibilities to this list.

True, none of these are defined and described in terms of category
theory, more in terms of traditional logic.

Do I still miss something? Please tell me...

Ivan

P.S. A good place to start is: http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/