Re: RDF+Transformation = XHTML or is there sth like inverse GRDDL?

From: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:16:41 +0200
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
CC: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, al@jku.at, semantic-web@w3.org

Jacek Kopecky wrote:
> So the idea was: use SPARQL SELECT to get the data that you need and put
> them in the XML variable binding results table (which may have been the
> wrong choice), then use XSLT to transform that to the target XML.

 You might want to read an article we wrote about a variant of this idea:
"Smart style: combining RDF semantics with XML document transformations"
http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJWET.2005.008486

A preprint is available as a CWI techreport here:
http://ftp.cwi.nl/CWIreports/INS/INS-E0303.pdf

This was written in 2003, all pre-Sparql of course, so the examples are
based on SeRQL.

The bottom line is that you do not need a new language per se, because
you can do the SPARQL query
with a single, trivial to implement, XSLT extension (always remember
that the X in XSLT stands for extensible, not for XML :-)

Hope this helps,

Jacco