Re: In RDF what is the best practice to represent data provenance (source)?

On  20 Jan 2007, at 11:35 AM, Chris Richard wrote:

> Is there any way to represent this type of relation amongst
> predicates with OWL or a related language? I see this same
> modelling technique used in the following tagging vocabulary:
> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/owl/redwood/0.1/tags/tags.n3 where
> resources can be tagged by relating them directly to tags with
> "taggedWithTag" (Resource, Tag) or indirectly with "tag" (Resource,
> Tagging) and "associatedTag" (Tagging, Tag).
>
> In this case, Foo taggedWithTag Bar
>
> is shorthand for:
>
> Foo tag _:a
> _:a associatedTag Bar
>
> Hopefully I'm not way off the mark...

I opted to add this implication in the ontology; I explicitly declare
that

x tag y
y associatedTag z
=> x taggedWithTag z

so that software using the ontology can safely make this assumption.
I see that more as a rules thing than an OWL thing, which is why this
isn't formally described anywhere.

-R