Re: ontology about communication and information technologies

David;

ONION ontology is a work in progress ...

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ONION

The ONION (ONtologies In ONtology) is an open source semantic reference tool
for the Business Of Information Technology which uses many terms that have
novel or dual meanings. It is structured as a Community of Practice (COP)
ontology that has multiple, domain specific, layers. The content of each
layer is scoped by the set of IT topics that are relevant to a particular
Community of Interest (COI) or Community of Action (COA).   The foundational
layers of the ONION are aligned with the public specifications of:

   - IT Service Management Best Practice e.g. ISO 20000, ITIL
   - IT Control Frameworks e.g. ISACA COBIT
   - Information Security e.g. ISO / IEC 27001, ISO 17799
   - IT Auditor Control Objectives e.g. COSO
   - SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) e.g. OASIS BCM (Business Centric
   Methodology)

--
Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC