Re: RSS Conversion

Le 15 janv. 2007 à 08:46, Akaash Maharaj a écrit :
>      After reading through this newsgroup, I was
> wondering if the issue of RDF as a standard for RSS
> newsfeeds (i.e. RSS 1.0) is part of this group's
> interests.
>
>      It seems that RDF-based RSS 1.0 has clearly been
> overtaken by RSS 2.0, despite the former's greater
> power and readiness for the semantic web.  Are there
> any plans to attempt to create an RSS >2 that might
> give RDF RSS a chance to make a comeback?

RSS 2.0 is XML, RSS 1.0 is RDF/XML.

RSS 1.1 was an attempt to fix the problem of RSS 1.0. But not well
implemented as far as I know.  Unfortunately. We are lacking of an
implementation report

See
     http://inamidst.com/rss1.1/
     http://inamidst.com/rss1.1/guide

Atom has been created to try to solve all the issues that were
encountered with RSS 2.0. It  is XML syntax (not RDF) and became an
RFC 4287 recently.  There is a table comparing RSS 2.0 and Atom.

     http://atomenabled.org/
     http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287
     http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/Rss20AndAtom10Compared

Danny Ayers and Henry Story have pushed for a model of Atom in OWL/RDF

      http://atomowl.org/

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***