Re: Rich semantics and expressiveness

Hi, Richard!

Richard Cyganiak wrote on Thu, 22 Feb 2007:

>  I'm not so sure about
> comparisons between data models that are less similar. For example,
> SQL schemas may contain integrity constraints that use arbitrary SQL
> expressions, like calculations. These constraints cannot be expressed
> in OWL. Isn't SQL semantically richer then?

Oh! I have to admit that I did not think that far. By "relational
schemes" I just meant collections of table definitions by their
attributes, together with some basic inter-table relationships like
foreignkeys. Now, with such general integrity constraints in mind, the
whole discussion might perhaps get quite another direction. Hm...

Cheers,
Michael