Re: Ontological Reasoning as Rules

Hi Matt --

You wrote...

I'm trying to reduce an ontology to a set of rules, i order to compare
it with other approaches.

I know that there are problems with this and OWL-DL reasoning. However,
I am only concerned with reasoning over ground instances. In this case,
I would have thought that many of the difficulties would disappear.

Would people agree?
Can you point me to any references about people who have done something
similar?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are asking about, but please look
at

     www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/OwlResearchOnt.agent

     www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/OwlTest1.agent

     www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/RDFQueryLangComparison1.agent

     www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/RelBioOntDefn3.agent

They are examples written in a kind of executable, open vocabulary English.
You can view, run and edit the examples -- Wiki style -- by pointing a
browser to the same site.

You are also welcome to write and run your own examples.

There's an overview in

www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

There are also presentations, tutorials and FAQs.

HTH,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic (R)
A Wiki for Executable Open Vocabulary English
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com    Shared use is free

Adrian Walker
Reengineering