Re: Cool URIs, the Semantic Web and Everything

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:31:26 -0200
Cc: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, "Leo Sauermann" <sauermann@dfki.uni-kl.de>, <semantic-web@w3.org>, "Leo Sauermann" <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Why does id="i" have to refer to anything? Why is it not just a
behavioral specification that when displaying html the page be move to
that location if something like that is present?

That would allow one to have a

  <http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i> refer to a person, and also to have
an xhtml web page be showing the relevant part of the information.

I am not sure the two need to be exclusive.

Henry