Re: RDF/XML and named graphs

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:54:42 +0000
To: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
CC: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Chris Richard <chris.richard@gmail.com>, Steffen Staab <staab@uni-koblenz.de>, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com>, Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>, p.roe@qut.edu.au, j.hogan@qut.edu.au, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Story Henry wrote:
> My feeling is that RDF/XML is very close to being a good format,

Yes, I tend to agree, but I think it is in some ways illusory and
frustrating because I don't think there is a good XML format for RDF. In
fact there may not be a good textual format for RDF at all - it is
somewhat too general.

GRDDL from more specific formats maybe a better solution, but then you
may loose the extensibility of RDF ....

Jeremy