Re: SPARQL endpoint URIs

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:36:33 +0000
Cc: SWIG <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Marja Koivunen <marja@annotea.org>

On 19 Dec 2007, at 15:03, Marja Koivunen wrote:
> I probably missed something in the documents but is there an easy
> way to know that a URI is a SPARQL endpoint URI?

No. That's one of the things missing from the SPARQL protocol. There's
no way to check if a URI is a SPARQL endpoint URI except by sending a
test query.

Semantic Sitemaps [1] are designed to solve this, among other things.
But the standard is still under active development and not yet widely
deployed.

Best,
Richard

[1] http://sw.deri.org/2007/07/sitemapextension/