Re: RDF/XML and named graphs

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:30:38 +0000
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>
>> Suggestion: create a new attribuite rdf:graph="URIRef" to provide for
>> named graph support in RDF/XML.
>
> +1

I like the basic idea, but wonder whether we could beg/borrow/steal
something in the reserved xml: namespace, to avoid revving the core RDF
grammar, and to avoid there being new RDF/XML files around that parsers
written for RDFCore and older syntax won't accept. Putting something
solely for RDF/XML into the xml: namespace probably wouldn't fly, but
perhaps common use cases can be found that work for other formats too?
eg. an xml:source attribute that worked for RDF/XML named graphs, but
also with GRDDL and non-RDF XML, or had a specific similar semantic in
formats like SVG, Atom etc?

Dan