Re: Linked Data on qdos.com

On 4 Dec 2007, at 19:00, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> Steve,
>
> First, congrats on getting QDOS out!

Thanks. It was a bit of a struggle.

> And surfacing the RDF!

That was less so.

> Well, your external interface could munge every URI which passes
> though it, for example.
> Keeping the data the same.

I'd rather not put any hacks in the SPARQL interface, it would also be
confusing. I think we've got a plan which means not changing any
existing RDF URIs, just moving the HTML version of the profile.

>> Users get a rdf:type foaf:Person triples, celebs get rdf:type
>> q:Celebrity, which should be a subClassOf foaf:Person, but I've not
>> got round to adding that to the schema. The URI of the graph is the
>> same as the URI of the person. That's slightly odd,
>
> It is broken.   I am not a graph! :-)
> To use the same URI for different things is not odd, it is  broken.

So... is it actually a problem to have the URI for the person and the
graph be the same? I get that conflating the data about the person and
the person is broken, but I'm not really sure what the significance of
the graph's URI is.

My proposal was:

GRAPH ?person {
   ?person :name ?x
   ?person :extraData [
     dc:date ... ;
   ]
}

Which still conflates the graph and person, but not data and person.

- Steve