SKOS2GenTax: Tool for Converting SKOS Vocabularies into RDF-S and OWL Ontologies

From: Martin Hepp (UIBK) <martin.hepp@uibk.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:29:42 +0100
To: "Semantic-Web@W3.Org," <semantic-web@w3.org>, "Semanticweb@Yahoogroups.Com," <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>

Dear all:

We are proud to announce the relase of SKOS2GenTax, an online tool that
converts hierarchical classifications available in the W3C SKOS (Simple
Knowledge Organization Systems) format into RDF-S or OWL ontologies. The
tool is based on the GenTax algorithm described in [1] and automates
most of the process.

Please check our Web page at

http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/skos2gentax/

If you have any hierarchical SKOS vocabularies, we would be glad if you
could try converting them using SKOS2GenTax - we would very much
appreciate your feedback.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp and Andreas Radinger
--------------------------------
Martin Hepp
Semantics in Business Information Systems Group
University of Innsbruck
Mail: mhepp@computer.org
Web:  http://www.heppnetz.de
Web:  http://sebis.deri.at

[1] SKOS2GenTax: Converting SKOS Vocabularies into RDF-S or OWL
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/skos2gentax/

[2] eClassOWL - Large Products and Services Ontology for E-Business
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/eclassowl/