SKOS2GenTax: Tool for Converting SKOS Vocabularies into RDF-S and OWL Ontologies

From: Martin Hepp (UIBK) <martin.hepp@uibk.ac.at>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:29:42 +0100
To: "Semantic-Web@W3.Org," <semantic-web@w3.org>, "Semanticweb@Yahoogroups.Com," <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>

Dear all:

We are proud to announce the relase of SKOS2GenTax, an online tool that
converts hierarchical classifications available in the W3C SKOS (Simple
Knowledge Organization Systems) format into RDF-S or OWL ontologies. The
tool is based on the GenTax algorithm described in [1] and automates
most of the process.

Please check our Web page at

If you have any hierarchical SKOS vocabularies, we would be glad if you
could try converting them using SKOS2GenTax - we would very much
appreciate your feedback.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp and Andreas Radinger
Martin Hepp
Semantics in Business Information Systems Group
University of Innsbruck
Mail: mhepp@computer.org
Web:  http://www.heppnetz.de
Web:  http://sebis.deri.at

[1] SKOS2GenTax: Converting SKOS Vocabularies into RDF-S or OWL

[2] eClassOWL - Large Products and Services Ontology for E-Business