Re: annotea status?

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 09:08:04PM +0200, Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> >I need annotation support for an ontogy [1]. The annotea schema looks
> >pretty good, but what is the status of it these days? Is anybody using
> >it?
> I'm using it for several Web2.0-ish things where a plain rdfs:comment
> doesn't suffice, e.g. all comments and trackbacks on my blog are
> annotea-based. I'm currently playing with user-specific annotations
> such as bookmarks, where it seems to fit nicely, too. I really like it.
> It's stable and simple.

    We are also using it as a basis for annotations in our platform. You can
    see the deployed example at http://www.plosone.org/. We are not supporting
    the protocol yet, just the information model.

    Honestly it would great if Annotea could be updated. We are not sure what
    the right forum is. Not a lot of traffic on the www-annotation mailing
    list.

    regards