Re: Datatypes

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:26:52 -0400
Cc: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>, semantic-web@w3.org
To: Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@gmuer.ch>
On Aug 22, 2007, at 3:25 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> Another issue is the identity of the nodes, the unique-name
> constraint of java-classes can be expressed with an identity
> constraint definition on the datatypes but I can't think of any way
> to tell an RDF or OWL processor that a resource may not have two
> different URIs of the java-scheme.

Couldn't do it at the scheme level, but could at the application
level by having the documentation indicate that there is a property
"uniquename" that is a function datatype property that must be set to
the the same string as the the uri as string.

I proposed something like this as an extension to OWL in

http://owl-workshop.man.ac.uk/acceptedLong/submission_26.pdf (search
for uniqueName)

-Alan