Re: reification vs. named graphs

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:24:40 +0200
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, jjc@hpl.hp.com
To: "Michael Schneider" <m_schnei@gmx.de>

Does the current standard not in fact allow graphs through the use of
XML/RDF literals? If an RDF document contains a relation pointing to
an RDF/XML literal, then that RDF/XML is playing somewhat the role of
a graph, no? I mean it is opaque in the same way a graph is...

This is similar to the Davidson aproach of "believing that", such as
it appears in

Jane believes that it is a beautiful day.

On one interpretation this can be analysed as the following to
sentences:

Jane believes that: "It is a beautiful day."

Henry