Re: RDF 2.0 proposal: contextual properties

Dan Brickley wrote:

> I dislike the existing reification vocabulary. But we can't rewrite
> history: those classes and properties are in use. Should we really make
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#predicate and the others be
> 404? or at least not describe those terms in the main RDF namespace?
>
> I'd be happy to see them depractated using OWL or other terminology

LOL! You might be interested in the fact, that RDF Reification has just
been introduced into the current OWL-1.1 draft for mapping the new
concept of annotated (i.e. commented) axioms to RDF syntax:

     <http://webont.org/owl/1.1/rdf_mapping.html#2>

     Axioms with annotations are reified. If s p o is the RDF
     serialization of the corresponding axiom without
     annotations given in Table 2 and the axiom contains annotations
     Annotation(apIDi cti), 1 ≤ i ≤ n, then, instead of being
     serialized as s p o, the axiom is serialized as follows:

       _:x rdf:type owl11:Axiom
       _:x T(apIDi) T(cti)   1 ≤ i ≤ n
       _:x rdf:subject s
       _:x rdf:predicate p