Re: AW: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

Hi!

I must say that I totally agree with Valentin. It is not possible to
solve the interoperability problem by imposing
a set of standards "from above". The world is too diverse a place to
assume that everyone is going to use them.
Just a  simple example: when agents need to reconcile two differently
represented ontologies, neither of which cares
about SWeb interoperability "standards", then perhaps the only way to
reconcile them is to use instances of the
concepts described by them.

Best regards,
Kuldar

Kuldar Taveter, PhD
Research Fellow
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
The University of Melbourne, Australia
Phone: +61 3 8344 1403
Fax: +61 3 9348 1184
Homepage: http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~kuldar/