Re: RDF's curious literals

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 21:42:25 +0200
Cc: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>

On 2 Aug 2007, at 18:24, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Therefore, X is a datatype if and only if X is an
> owl:FunctionalProperty
> and the rdfs:domain of X contains only Unicode strings.

That would be an owl:inverseFunctional property I think and it would
be the range.
I think you were trying to say something like this .

@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
@prefix xsd: <<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .

{ ?r a owl:inverseFunctionalProperty;
      rdfs:range xsd:string .
    ?lit ?r ?string . } => { ?lit a rdfs:Literal . }

How to then add what I was trying to say about necessity is a bit
more difficult.

Henry