Re: What is the relation of RDF model and E -R model ?

FYI,  the Ontology Definition Metamodel (ODM -- and thanks for the plug)
is now an adopted standard at OMG.  The reference to the final adopted
specification, which is publicly available, is [1].  In an appendix, we
do talk about the bridge between what's currently available in UML for
ER and what extensions would be required in order to use the ODM to map
to ER, namely a representation for keys / identity.  See Annex B in [1]
for detail.

Having said this, there is also work underway on a new Information
Management Metamodel (IMM) at OMG, which will replace parts of the
current (aging) common warehouse metamodel (CWM), that will include a
new standard for ER notation -- something that has been sorely lacking
for a long time, even though there are a number of de facto
commonalities across current approaches.  Once the ER metamodel and
profile for IMM are stable, we plan to map that to the metamodels for
RDF, OWL, Topic Maps, and Common Logic in ODM  The work is in progress,
though I can't provide an exact timeline for completion.  My sense at
this point is that there will be a final version of the specification in
the first half of next year.

Best regards,

Elisa

[1] http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ptc/2006-10-11