Re: RDF's curious literals

On 1 Aug 2007, at 18:32, Garret Wilson wrote:
>   3. Even if we prefer to write 123 and "123", why do we need
>      rdfs:datatype when we can simply use rdf:type set to xsd:Integer?

Why do you keep railing against rdf:datatype? It is merely an
artifact of the RDF/XML syntax. It does not exist in the RDF abstract
syntax (which you call the “RDF model”).

And we wouldn't want anyone to mix up surface serialization syntax
and abstract model in this thread, wouldn't we? ;-)

(Just kidding -- I think I understood the point you are trying to make.)

Cheers,
Richard