name for a resource's URI

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:59:53 -0700
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Within RDF, what's the official name for a resource's identifying URI?
(I'm wondering because this will help me creating a particular API.)
That is, for the resource I identify using URI
<http://example.com/example>, if I want to get
<http://example.com/example>, am I wanting:

    * The resource's name?
    * The resource's ID?
    * The resource's URI?
    * The resource's identifying URI?
    * The resource's reference URI?
    * The resource's URI reference?
    * The thing that names the resource node? :)

What's the official name for this thing? It should have some sort of
name, so that we can refer to it consistently in RDF specifications.
(e.g. "The resource's ___ must be a URI reference.")

For example, the RDF Primer says that URI references are used to
identify resources; does this mean that the official name for this thing
is "the resource's URI reference?"

Thanks,

Garret