Re: OWL version of Dublin Core?

From: Yoshio Fukushige <fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:05:07 +0900
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Thank you, David, Richard, Dan, Elisa, Ivan, Mikael and all,

I understand there is a work in DCMI on expressing DC metadata
in RDFSchema, but it will be a while before we agree on the OWL
version of DC vocabulary.

I understand there are some DL-related issues with DC.

I will read the materials Elisa and Ivan pointed out, but for the time being,
I'll define my own terms (mainly ObjectProperties) as subproperties of
some DC terms, among which a transitive version of
dc:isPartOf is defined per Richard's advice.

(And with the problem in (needs in) having Classes as values of properties,
when using for example dc:subject-like properties,
I adopt the fourth approach in "Representing Classes As Property Values on the Semantic Web"
[1], i.e. introducing special restriction classes for the subjects)

Thank you again, all.

Best,
Yoshio
fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com