Re: CFP - ** SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED - MAY 1ST ** - J.UCS SPECIAL ISSUE: ONTOLOGIES AND THEIR APPLICATIONS

From: Fred Freitas <fred_freitas_br@yahoo.com.br>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:48:45 -0300 (ART)
To: Fred Freitas <fred_freitas_br@yahoo.com.br>, opastor@dsic.upv.es, Peter.Rittgen@hb.se, falbo@inf.ufes.br, marcus.spies@lrz.uni-muenchen.de, semantic-web@w3.org, isworld@lyris.isworld.org, dbworld@cs.wisc.edu, seworld@cs.colorado.edu, w3c-hongkong@w3.org, w3c@w3c.de, churen@gate.sinica.edu.tw, cfp@eventseer.org, Andreas.Opdahl@uib.no, SCranefield@infoscience.otago.ac.nz, dbgroup-admin@sparc20.ing.unimo.it, discussion@x-opennet.org, troels@ruc.dk, michel.klein@cs.vu.nl, noy@stanford.edu, itimm@gmx.net, visser@informatik.uni-bremen.de, gb@das.ufsc.br, kkot@aegan.gr, breuker@swi.psy.uva.nl, emena@posta.unizar.es, oleary@almaak-01.usc.edu, lobrst@mitre.org, sofia@gia.ist.utl.pt, her@ida.liu.se, ajs@isep.ipp.pt, tessaris@inf.unibz.it, heiner@cs.vu.nl, crubezy@smi.stanford.edu, R.Cornet@amc.uva.nl, scholobach@science.uva.nl, ga@csd.uoc.gr, bonifacio@dit.unitn.it, Ian.Dickinson@hp.com, Rose.Dieng@inria.fr, Jerome.Euzenat@free.fr, finin@umbc.edu, frank@isi.edu, joshi@umbc.edu, malerba@di.uniba.it, max.bramer@port.ac.uk

> Apologies if you receive this more than once; would
you please
forward
> this to interested people and lists.
>

> CALL FOR PAPERS - ** SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED -
MAY 1ST **

http://www.jucs.org/)

> After pursuing a long tradition of study in
Philosophy, the term
> “ontology” has become the new buzzword in computer
science. It is
> receiving special attention not only from an active
community of
> researchers pertaining to many areas of informatics
but also from the
> industry, which is providing increasing budgets and
investments to
> develop this technology and make it available in
business as soon as
> possible.
> There is at least one main reason for this
recognition: ontologies
> constitute the backbone of the Semantic Web, as they
are responsible
> for providing context to pages, thus promising to
make a relevant
part
> of the Web contents understandable and processable
by the software.
> However, there are some challenging obstacles that
should be tackled
> to make ontologies wide-spread reputation shift from
a promise to a
> daily used technology. For instance, heterogeneity
and evaluation are
> two of these obstacles.
> Following the realization of the Brazilian "Workshop
on Ontologies
and
http://www.ws.onto.ufal.br/ for the
http://www.icmc.usp.br/iarn2006/coevents/wonto.php
> for the second), we planned this Special Issue as a
follow-up for the
> last edition of the workshop, although by no means
limited to its
> authors or participants only. With this Special
Issue, we intend to
> enrich the discussion on how to enhance ontologies’
applicability,
> thus realizing this promising technology in general,
but also in
> specific settings, such as e-business and e-commerce
to name but a
few.

> Topics of Interest:
> ===================
>
> Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
>
> Ontology Engineering
> - methodologies
> - capture and learning
> - management
>
> Semantic consistency
> - foundational ontologies
> - upper-level ontologies
> - evaluation methods, applications and problems
>
> Semantic Interoperability
> - composition and modularity
> - merging, mapping and alignment
> - ontology language interoperability
>
> Enhancement of ontology applicability
> - linguistic ontologies applied to text processing
> - patterns of ontologies for specific applications
>
> Ontologies for Information Sharing
> - ontology-based information integration
> - mediators and brokers
> - agents and ontologies
>
> Ontology Applications
> - Semantic Web
> - knowledge management
> - e-commerce, e-government
> - e-learning and e-science
> - information retrieval
>

> Submission procedure:
> =====================
>
> We encourage the submission of high-quality papers
based on entirely
> new work or surveys, both meeting the foci of the
Special Issue.
> Papers must be written in English and may have a
length from 20 to 30
> pages, including tables, figures, and references.
>
> As for the format, papers must conform to the J.UCS
style, formatted
> in PDF (preferred) or PostScript. It is recommended
that authors use
> the J.UCS template files (see

http://www.jucs.org/ujs/jucs/info/submissions/style_guide.html
for
> formatting instructions) to minimize possible
conflicts when
preparing
> the camera ready. Word and Latex J.UCS style
samplers are provided in
> http://www.jucs.org/jucs_info/submissions.
>
> Papers should be submitted electronically only to
one of the guest
> editors (see e-mail addresses below) up to the
deadline (April
> 15,2007). Authors should not neglect that, together
with the
> camera-ready version of the paper, a Copyright
Transfer Statement
> (which can be downloaded from

http://www.jucs.org/ujs/jucs/info/submissions/copyright.html)
must be
> signed and sent/faxed by each author to Mrs Dana
Kaiser, Manager of
> the J.UCS, via web (dkaiser@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at) or
by fax (+43 316
873
> 5699).
>
> Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by three
qualified
> reviewers/referees. Any other questions regarding
papers submission
> must also be directed to the guest editors.
>

> Schedule:
> =========
> May 1 2007 - Submission due date - **  DEADLINE
EXTENDED **
> July 1 2007 - Notification of paper acceptance
> September 15 2007 - Camera-ready paper due
> October 2007 - Publication of the Special Issue on
Ontologies & their
> Applications
>

> Guest Editors of the Special Issue on Ontologies and
their
Applications:

>  Dr. Fred Freitas, Universidade Federal de
Pernambuco, Brazil
> (contact person)
> fred@cin.ufpe.br
>
>  Prof. Dr. Heiner Stuckenschmidt, Universitaet
Mannheim, Germany
> heiner @ informatik.uni-mannheim.de
>
>  Dr. H.Sofia Pinto, IST/INESC-ID, Portugal
> sofia@algos.inesc-id.pt
>
>  Dr. Andreia Malucelli, Pontifícia Universidade
Católica do Paraná -
> Brazil
> malu@ppgia.pucpr.br
>

> J,UCS - The Journal of Universal Computer Science
>
> J,UCS - The Journal of Universal Computer Science -
is a high-quality
> electronic publication that deals with all aspects
of computer
> science. J.UCS has been appearing monthly since 1995
and is thus one
> of the oldest electronic journals with uninterrupted
publication
since
> its foundation. J.UCS is a joint publication of the
Know-Center,
Graz,
> Austria, in cooperation with the IICM, Graz
University of Technology,
> Austria, Joanneum Research, Austria and Springer
Pub. Co.

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/