RE: [Ltru] RE: [Fwd: Language Ontology]

JFC wrote:

At 00:54 24/04/2007, Debbie Garside wrote:

Please be very careful with the use of the "Administrative Language"
information from ISO 3166-1.  It is incomplete and therefore not good data.

>>This is a a remark of TC37 sociolinguist expert!
>>As ISO 3166 users we do not want an exhaustive coverage of 20 or 30.000
language entities. We just need pragmatic 192 local government validated
information.

If the data in ISO 3166-1 was validated by local government it would show 22
Administrative Languages for India.

>>If the Indian Gov said two are "administrative" and the South-African one
said eleven, this is their decision

They didn't say that.  Nobody asked them!

>??? Where do you want to get it documented then?

Most likely within the ISO "Standards as Database" initiative.

Debbie

  _____