Re: OWL version of Dublin Core?

We use a subset of DC as OWL for a project where most users use Protege as the
editor. After poking around I came to the same conclusion you did, there is
no official version of DC as OWL.

Protege comes pre-supplied with an OWL version of DC but we found that it
caused too many problems and so we ended up turning it off for our projects.
We edited the Protege DC OWL down to something simple and usable for our
purposes by throwing away all of the use of DC annotation applied to the DC
itself. For the DC annotation we wanted to keep we used rdfs:comment instead,
which was how we told the users to add definitions for their OWL classes. We
only used DC for other items that don't come for free with rdfs/owl (e.g.
dc:source)

Our users don't need all the detail in the Protege DC OWL itself, we explained
a bit of DC as rdfs:comment and gave them a user guide which pointed them at
the DC Web site as well.

Cheers,
David

--