Re: IRI meets RDF meets HTTP redirect

On Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 3:44:59 PM, Jeremy wrote:

JC> If my application does a get on
JC> http://jena.sourceforge.net/test/iri/résumé
JC> then I would expect to see case (d).

Surely your application would *dereference*
 http://jena.sourceforge.net/test/iri/résumé#r

which would result in a GET of
 http://jena.sourceforge.net/test/iri/r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9

JC> Equally if an application does a get on
JC> http://jena.sourceforge.net/test/iri/r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9
JC> then I would expect case (c), but if the application does a get on (a)
JC> or (b), then these cases are ruled out by RFC 3986, and I have to choose
JC> between (c) or (d) or something else.

I agree that redirection interferes with the usual sequence of making links or assertions with IRIs and converting them to URIs only to GET them. (For protocols, such as HTTP, which require IRI to URI conversion).

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG