RE: Towards a TAG consideration of CURIEs

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:29:03 -0400
To: "John Cowan" <cowan@ccil.org>
Cc: "Misha Wolf" <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>, <www-tag@w3.org>, <semantic-web@w3.org>, <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>, <newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com>

> From: John Cowan [mailto:cowan@ccil.org]
>
> Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) scripsit:
>
> > Would it be feasible to mandate a particular prefix as part of all
> > taxonomy IDs, such as "code:"?  For example:
>
> Or for that matter just "_".  I *never* understood why that was
> such a problem.

The reason I was thinking that something like "code:" might be more
acceptable than "_" is that it is more visible and (at least for English
readers) may be more distinguishable from the original code, though a
machine of course would not care.  Also, I was not sure whether the
proposed "_" prefix was only going to apply to numeric codes, and I
thought a prefix might be more palatable if it were uniformly mandated
for all, so that different taxonomies would not require different
processing.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com