Re: ontology for units of measurement and/or physical quantities

Hi Robert,

We have done some work in this area that extends the work Tom Gruber
initiated with the
ontology and paper you've linked to, below.  Our work is in conjunction
with Evan Wallace,
at NIST, and was intended as a potential working group product for the
W3C Semantic Web
Deployment working group, as a follow-on to work initiated in the Best
Practices and
Deployment WG.  It's not yet ready for publication, but we can share
work in progress if
that would be helpful.

Evan has also been active in the UnitsML [1] effort, and may be able to
provide additional
pointers.

Best regards,

Elisa Kendall