Re: Individuals with more than one rdf:type

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:02:22 -0400
To: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
CC: David Navarro Arnao <dnavarro@isoco.com>, ben syverson <w3@likn.org>, semantic-web@w3.org

Jon--

I didn't say this wasn't "valid" (although technically I don't think
"valid" is the right concept here, since we're talking about statements
rather than an argument), and I did say it was legal RDF (i.e.,
grammatically).  However, I still think that an instance being both a
Book and a MotorVehicle appears "weird" ("strikingly odd"--Webster's New
World Dictionary).  That this idea is "strikingly odd" was one of the
reasons for choosing it as an example in the first place!

--Frank