Re: Individuals with more than one rdf:type

Hi Ben,

ben syverson wrote:
> Great -- I had assumed so, but couldn't find any specific information
> in the specs to back up my assumption...

That's right, there isn't a specific information for that issue about
rdf:type, but... if we read [1], we can see that an individual can be
instance of more than one Class.

Example:

ex:hasMother   rdfs:range   ex:Female .
ex:hasMother   rdfs:range   ex:Person .

For any given statement using this property, say:

exstaff:frank   ex:hasMother   exstaff:frances .

in order for /both/ the |rdfs:range| statements to be correct, it must
be the case that |exstaff:frances| is /both/ an instance of |ex:Female|
and of |ex:Person|.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/#properties

--

*David Navarro Arnao  <http://users.isoco.net/%7Ednavarro/>*

R+D engineer

dnavarro(at)isoco.com <mailto:dnavarro@isoco.com>

* *

*iSOCO *

intelligent software for the networked economy

www.isoco.com

information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional
privilege. If you

are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination,

copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.
If this

message has been received in error, please immediately notify us via
e-mail and

delete it.