[Fwd: RDF Validator moved to new server - graph issues gone]

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:31:20 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Cc: ot@w3.org

I'm forwarding this to a wider audience, as I know the RDF Validator
graphing facility was used and appreciated by many on the SWIG
discussion list. Thanks to the W3C folks for keeping it running and
moving it to a better server!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

  http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

The RDF validator there checks your RDF syntax (using ARP, the RDF
parser from Jena). If you select 'Triples and Graph' it generates a
graphical view of your data (using GraphViz for layout).

cheers,

Dan

ps. I have a bookmarklet at http://danbri.org/words/2005/07/30/114 (plus
a long tract on various different interpretations of 'rdf validator');
the bookmarklet defaults to not generating graphs btw.

attached mail follows:

Dear all,

Regular users of the RDF validator may have noticed that, over the
past few months, the service sometimes had some trouble processing
and displaying graphs of validated RDF documents. This was due to a
protection mechanism preventing the already overloaded server to spin
entirely out of control.

The RDF validator now happily sits on a newer, puchier and less
loaded machine. As a result, the issue of graphs now showing should
become extremely rare.

Many thanks to all for your patience.
olivier
--